When it’s cold and dreary outside, there’s nothing better than waking up to a delicious warm breakfast. Porridge is an old classic that is always a winner in our book; it’s creamy, warming, and packed with fiber to kick-start your digestion and your day. But sometimes an old favorite can use a fresh new take—enter Sunshine Turmeric Oats.
Inspired by the golden bowls of oaty goodness gracing the Instagram feed of Bites by Bekah, we’ve concocted our own take on this cozy dish. Packed with our Organic Turmeric Powder, plus a sneaky extra dose of fiber from our Acacia Fiber Powder, this recipe is the perfect morning pick-me-up.
• ½ cup oats
• 1 cup boiling water
• ¼ cup almond milk (or plant milk of choice)
• 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Acacia Fiber Powder
• 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• A mix of nuts, seeds, coconut threads, and/or fruit for toppings
1. Combine oats, acacia fiber powder, turmeric powder, cinnamon, and water into a pot.
2. Add water and cook on low heat for 10-15 mins (or until desired creaminess is achieved).
3. Stir through plant milk—you can continue cooking if you love your porridge really creamy.
4. Transfer to a bowl and top with your choice of toppings—enjoy!