If you like our original Nutritional Yeast ‘cheese’ sauce, you are going to love the nutty creaminess of this versatile option.
It tastes so good, satisfies that cheese craving and makes the perfect drizzle for your favorite pizza, pasta, risotto and veggies – the options are ENDLESS!
Despite its delightful cheezy flavour, this vegan sauce is dairy-free, gluten-free and paleo-friendly.
Use Sari Foods Non-fortified Nutritional Yeast for a fresher, cleaner option, free from unnecessary synthetic additives and contaminants.
You will need:
· 1 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked overnight in water)
· (optional) 1 tbsp white miso**
· 1 tsp garlic powder (or fresh minced garlic)
· 1 tsp onion powder (or fresh minced onion)
· ½ tsp mustard powder
· A pinch of ground nutmeg
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· Approximately 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Drain the cashews and discard the water they were soaked in.
2. Add to a high-powered blender along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk if needed to create the desired consistency. We think it’s just right when it's thick but it runs off the spoon.
3. Use straight away or add to a container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.