Dairy-Free Cashew Cheese Sauce
If you like our original nutritional yeast ‘cheese’ sauce, you’re going to absolutely love this new, nutty variation.
Raw cashews are the secret that makes this savory sauce so incredibly creamy, imparting a smooth richness that satisfies your strongest cheese cravings. Try it on your favorite pizza, or drizzled over pasta, risotto, or roasted veggies.
Made from only wholesome plant-based ingredients, this vegan sauce is dairy-free, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly. Our Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast keeps things simple, adding a surprisingly cheese-like flavor without any synthetic additives and contaminants. You really can enjoy cheese again without dairy!
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked overnight in water)
- ½ cup Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp white miso (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or fresh minced garlic)
- 1 tsp onion powder (or fresh minced onion)
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- A pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Approximately 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Drain cashews and discard the soaking water.
- Place drained cashews along with the rest of the ingredients in a high power blender, and process until smooth. Add more almond milk if needed to create the desired consistency. We think it’s just right when it's thick but runs off the spoon.
- Enjoy right away, or refrigerate in a container for up to 3 days.