Simply Nooch Popcorn
Of all our delicious Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast recipes, our customers seem to love our Nooch Popcorn best—and it’s also the simplest, quickest and easiest of them all. Now that’s a win-win! So after numerous requests for this yummy recipe, we've decided it’s time to share it here. Happy snacking!.
This flavorful recipe has become our all-time favorite healthy snack. It’s perfect for those in-between meal hunger attacks, and travels easily in a lunch box or bag to satisfy cravings on the go. Perhaps best of all, you can enjoy this popcorn guilt-free because it’s low in sodium, and free of any artificial flavors or preservatives.
Our nutritional yeast (aka Nooch) provides high quality protein (containing all 18 essential amino acids), a multitude of minerals, natural B vitamins, and beta-glucans. This means you’re not only eliminating the bad stuff found in the packaged, store-bought or movie theatre popcorn—you’re also adding a whole lot of wholesome goodness!
This recipe makes one large bowl of delicious popcorn—enough for your whole family!
- 2 Tbsp Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast
- 1 cup organic popcorn kernels
- 8 Tbsp organic olive oil
- Optional: sea salt to taste
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and one to two popcorn kernels to a large pan. Cover and cook over medium heat until you hear the kernels pop.
- Now that your pan is hot enough, add the rest of the kernels and replace the lid. Soon you’ll hear the sound of lots of kernels popping! To speed up the process and keep the popcorn from burning, you can slightly angle the lid and shake the pan occasionally.
- Once all the corn has popped, remove from heat and stir in the remaining oil, Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast, and salt (if desired). Mix until all the oil is absorbed.
- Transfer to a large bowl (or several small ones) and enjoy while still hot.
Peace, love, and healthy snacking from the Sari Foods family!