This oh so good raw very berry cheesecake will truly tantalize your taste buds.
If you find it hard to believe that a dairy free, gluten free, and refined sugar free dessert could possibly be as yummy and satisfying as those unhealthy sugary treats we all sometimes crave, get ready to be amazed. Every bite of this raw, vegan cheesecake contains an explosion of sweet, juicy berries and creamy cashew goodness, along with plenty of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, protein, and healthy fats. As a finishing touch, the Sari Foods Organic Acerola Cherry Powder gives this recipe an incredible extra burst of vitamin C.
Enough talk, you just have to try these!
For the base:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup dates
For the middle layer:
- 2 cups of raw cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the top layer:
- 2/3 cup mixed berries (we used strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries)
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 2 heaping Tbsp Sari Foods Natural Vitamin C Powder from Acerola Cherries
- Place cashews in a bowl, cover with water, and soak overnight.
- The next day, line a medium sized dish with baking parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients for the base to a food processor and process until evenly mixed and crumbly.
- Spread base mixture evenly and firmly into the parchment lined dish and place in the freezer.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews and place in the food processor along with the lemon juice, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Process until mixture is smooth and creamy—you may need to periodically stop and scrape the sides down.
- Take the dish out of the freezer and spread ¾ of the cashew mixture evenly over the base. Return dish to the freezer.
- Add berries, cherries, and Sari Foods Natural Vitamin C Powder to the remaining cashew mix in the food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove dish from freezer again and spread this final layer evenly on top of the middle layer.
- Return dish to freezer and allow to set for a few hours before serving. The cheesecake should be firm but not frozen so you can slice it cleanly and easily.
- In the unlikely event that you have any leftovers, this cake stays fresh in the freezer for up to a month! If you do decide to freeze it, just be sure to let it thaw for half an hour before serving.
Peace, love, and very berry deliciousness from the Sari Foods family!