This cherry limeade is super refreshing and delicious - served cold it makes for the perfect summer drink!
This recipe calls for a lot of freshly juiced limes BUT it's totally worth it, fresh limeade is simply delicious and it's made our summer.
You will need:
- 12 oz frozen cherries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (from about 10 medium limes)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 tbsp. Sari Foods Organic Vitamin C Powder
- A few splashed of sparkling water (optional - if you prefer a few bubbles)
- Puree the cherries and lime juice until the cherries are very fine.
- Bring the cherry-lime mixture, 1 cup of water and the honey to a low boil in a medium saucepan, stirring consistently.
- Strain the mixture into a large pitcher and allow to cool completely in the refrigerator. Stir in the vitamin c powder and the remaining 3 cups of water and serve over ice.