Maca & Pumpkin Spice Muffins
While you’ve been combing your local pumpkin patch to find the perfect specimens for jack-o'-lanterns and baking, we've been busy, too—preparing these awesome, delicious maca and pumpkin spice muffins.
These delightful vegan and gluten-free treats are perfect for family holiday gatherings—and scrumptious enough to appeal to your entire tribe, whether or not they embrace a plant-based way of eating. With their sweet, spicy flavor, satisfying texture, and fragrant aroma, these muffins are sure to bring smiles, and create a special feeling of community around the table.
Here at Sari Foods, we believe community and food are inseparable. Good food is meant to be shared, and we love to find new and creative ways to connect through food. This recipe makes 12 muffins, so you’ll have enough to share with the entire family!
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 6 Tbsp water
- 1¾ cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp Sari Foods Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (see note below)
- ¾ cup raisins, nuts, or dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare flax eggs by whisking together flax seeds and water, and allow to thicken for a few minutes.
- Line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and maca powder.
- In a large bowl, mix coconut oil, vanilla, and flax eggs together. Stir in coconut sugar and pumpkin puree until well combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture a little at a time. Fold in raisins, nuts or chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture between 12 muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes until golden in color and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the largest muffin comes out clean.