Thick, hearty oatmeal has been a well-loved winter breakfast for countless generations, providing comforting warmth and sustaining nutrition that lasts through even the most frigid mornings. Out flavorful spiced oatmeal takes this classic cold weather staple to a whole new level by adding cinnamon, apple, and maple syrup caramelized pecans to the mix to create something truly special.
To make a good thing even better, Sari Foods Natural Vitamin C Powder from Acerola Cherries adds a hint of tart cherry flavor along with a whopping 833% of your recommended daily requirement of vitamin C. And let’s face it, we could all use a little extra nutrition during the frosty winter months, especially when it smells and tastes so scrumptious.
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup buckwheat flakes
- 2 cups water (or dairy free milk)
- 1 Tbsp ground wheat bran
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 fresh grated apple
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Sari Foods Natural Vitamin C Powder
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Cook oats, wheat bran, buckwheat flakes, cinnamon, salt, and water (or milk) in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a steady simmer for around 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Meanwhile, place pecans and maple syrup in a shallow pan over medium-low heat so that the maple syrup bubbles slowly and the nuts caramelize. Watch carefully so they don't burn. Once the maple syrup has reduced, remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Add applesauce and grated apple to the oatmeal, and cook for an additional minute or two.
- Remove oatmeal from heat and stir in Sari Foods Natural Vitamin C Powder from Organic Acerola Cherries.
- Top with caramelized pecans, a drizzle more maple syrup, and some dehydrated apple slices before serving.
Peace, love, and spiced winter comfort from the Sari Foods Family.