This turmeric soup is super yummy and packed full of nutrients, antioxidants, and cozy warmth. With delicious carrots, mushrooms, kale, and chickpeas, you’ll take in the nourishing goodness of mother earth in every spoonful.
Garlic fans will love the fact that this recipe calls for 10 whole cloves—imparting a rich savory taste along with vitamins C and B6, manganese, selenium, and antioxidant allicin.
Sunny yellow turmeric adds another layer of warming flavor, as well as a lovely golden color. It also contains a well-rounded team of nutritional compounds (such as curcumin and ar-turmerone) that never occur as isolates in nature—and with good reason. Taking isolated single nutrients, as you might find in curcumin supplements, isn’t your best option, because the nutritional compounds naturally found together in whole foods work synergistically to help your body make the most of them. That’s why Sari Foods Organic Turmeric Powder includes the entire root with its complete and complex nutritional makeup that your body can naturally recognize and utilize.
This nourishing soup is perfect for a frosty winter evening, providing enough hearty warmth to take the chill out of your bones. Enjoy it as a first course, or fill a large bowl for a soothing and replenishing meal. Either way, this soup is bound to become one of your cold weather favorites!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups baby kale leaves
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pan, and sauté onion, celery, and carrots for around 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the stock, bay leaves, turmeric, crushed red pepper, salt, and chickpeas, bringing to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add kale, cover, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Discard bay leaves, serve, and enjoy!
Peace and nutrient powerhouse love from the Sari Foods family!