Vegg-nog with Organic Maca Coconut Cream
Are you ready for some creamy comfort and joy this holiday season? We’re celebrating the winter holidays with a rich and tantalizing plant-based spin on classic winter eggnog.
Introducing vegg-nog! This super delicious drink has all the creamy, subtly spiced goodness you've come to expect from the traditional festive beverage—but it's totally egg and dairy-free! Our recipe makes enough for eight and is sure to be a hit at your next holiday gathering.
This vegg-nog recipe contains a bit of a kick, but if for any reason you’re unable to consume alcohol (or would prefer not to) then simply ditch the brandy. Trust us—it tastes just as good without.
- ⅛ cup pitted dates
- ⅛ cup cashew nuts
- ⅛ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup brandy (optional)
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 4 ⅕ cups almond milk
- Ice, to serve
- 1 tsp nutmeg (plus a little extra to serve)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp Sari Foods Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder
- 1 can coconut cream
- Soak dates, cashews, apricots, cinnamon, and nutmeg in brandy overnight. (For an alcohol-free version, simply soak in water instead.)
- The next day, transfer the soaked fruit, nuts, and spices to a high speed blender.
- Add vanilla pod seeds, almond milk, and 1 tsp of the maca powder, and process until smooth.
- Strain mixture through a sieve and pour over ice into 8 glasses.
- Make the maca cream. Scoop the solid white coconut cream into a bowl, add the remaining maca powder, and beat with a hand blender until fluffy and well combined.
- Top each glass of vegg-nog with a little cream, and top with a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg.
Peace, love, and winter beverage goodness from the team at Sari Foods!