Hey Foodies! Who is ready for the season of comfort and joy? We sure are and we are kick-starting December and getting our tasty beverage on with a spin on the winter eggnog classic... introducing Vegg-nog. This super delicious drink has all the creamy, subtly spiced goodness you've come to expect from this festive treat, BUT, it's totally egg and dairy free!
If, for any reason, you are unable to consume alcohol (or would prefer not to) then simply ditch the brandy, trust us, it tastes just as good without.
You will need:
- 25g pitted dates
- 25g cashew nuts
- 25g dried apricots
- 100ml brandy (optional)
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 1 litre almond milk
- Ice, to serve
- 1 tsp nutmeg (plus a little extra to serve)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsps. Sari Foods Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder
- 1 can coconut cream
- Soak the dates, cashews, apricots, cinnamon and nutmeg in the brandy overnight.
- The next day, tip the mixture into a high speed blender, add the vanilla pod seeds, almond milk and 1 tsp of the maca powder and blend until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve and pour over ice into 8 glasses.
- Make the maca cream. Scoop the solid white coconut cream into a bowl, add the remaining maca powder and beat with a hand blender until fluffy and well combined.
- Top the vegg-nog with a little cream and top with freshly grated nutmeg.
Peace, love and winter beverage goodness from the team at Sari Foods!