Are you ready for some creamy comfort and joy this holiday season? We’re celebrating the winter holidays with a rich and tantalizing plant-based spin on classic winter eggnog..
introducing vegg-nog! This super delicious drink has all the creamy, subtly spiced goodness you've come to expect from the traditional festive beverage—but it's totally egg and dairy free! Our recipe makes enough for eight, and is sure to be a hit at your next holiday gathering.
This vegg-nog recipe contains a bit of a kick, but if for any reason you’re unable to consume alcohol (or would prefer not to) then simply ditch the brandy. Trust us—it tastes just as good without.
- ⅛ cup pitted dates
- ⅛ cup cashew nuts
- ⅛ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup brandy (optional)
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 4 ⅕ cups almond milk
- Ice, to serve
- 1 tsp nutmeg (plus a little extra to serve)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp Sari Foods Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder
- 1 can coconut cream
- Soak dates, cashews, apricots, cinnamon, and nutmeg in brandy overnight. (For an alcohol-free version, simply soak in water instead.)
- The next day, transfer the soaked fruit, nuts, and spices to a high speed blender.
- Add vanilla pod seeds, almond milk, and 1 tsp of the maca powder, and process until smooth.
- Strain mixture through a sieve and pour over ice into 8 glasses.
- Make the maca cream. Scoop the solid white coconut cream into a bowl, add the remaining maca powder, and beat with a hand blender until fluffy and well combined.
- Top each glass of vegg-nog with a little cream, and top with a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg.
Peace, love, and winter beverage goodness from the team at Sari Foods!