Sweet & Spicy Double Stacked Vegan Sandwich
With each passing day, more and more people are embracing a whole food, plant-based lifestyle. And while avocado on toast always works in a pinch, it's also nice to try something different once in a while. Enter the sweet and spicy double-stacked vegan sandwich!
Our warm, flavorful recipe pairs turmeric with sweet potato, to create a mouthwatering sweet and spicy combo that will make your tastebuds sing. Whether you're vegan or not we think you’ll love this unique sandwich creation. It's surprisingly easy to make, customizable, and sublimely satisfying any time of day or evening...
- 1 large sweet potato (approx 10-11 oz)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp Sari Foods Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt or non-fortified nutritional yeast, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Bread or bun of your choice
- Salad toppings of your choice (we used cucumber, avocado, shredded beetroot, and alfalfa sprouts)
- Vegan spread or a spread alternative (we added a dollop of our Maca Hummus)
- Peel and grate the sweet potato into a large mixing bowl. Add flour, turmeric, pepper, and salt. If sodium is a concern, substitute a little Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast for the salt. Mix until well combined.
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan. Grab one half of the mixture, and squeeze and flatten with your hands into a pattie shape. Place into the frying plan, and repeat with the 2nd half of the mixture. Cook over medium heat until the bottom side is a crisp golden color. Flip and cook the other side until golden.
- Remove patties from pan and stack on a slice of bread or in a bun. Add your favorite salad toppings and dressings, and close up the sandwich. Serve while hot and enjoy!
Peace, love, and vegan sandwiches from all the team at Sari Foods!