Spirulina Dusted Popcorn
Our Simply Nooch popcorn is back—with a whole new twist! Sari Foods Organic Spirulina adds a burst of flavor and wholesome green goodness to this tried and true favorite.
One of the biggest challenges for new spirulina enthusiasts is figuring out how to incorporate this powerful superfood into their diets, especially if smoothies just aren’t their thing. But almost everyone loves popcorn, which makes this yummy snack a perfect introduction to the joys of cooking with spirulina.
Unlike the popcorn at most movie theaters, this delicious recipe is actually good for you, and it’s completely free of synthetic additives and unhealthy fats. Enjoy it by the handful at your next family movie night, or anytime you have a serious case of the munchies. What a wonderful way to get to know spirulina!
- 1 cup organic popcorn kernels
- 8 Tbsp Organic Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Sari Foods Organic Spirulina
- Optional: sprinkling of cayenne pepper and sea salt to taste
- Place a large pan on the stovetop over medium heat with 1 tbsp of oil and 1-2 popcorn kernels. Leave the lid on the pan and wait for the kernels to pop. Once they do, the pan has reached the proper cooking temperature.
- Add the rest of the kernels and return the lid to the pot.
- The kernels should begin to pop soon, but you can speed the process by slightly angling the pan lid. Gently shake pan periodically to help prevent any popcorn burning at the bottom.
- Once all the corn has popped, remove from heat and add the remaining oil, Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast, Sari Foods Organic Spirulina, and any other optional extras.
- Toss it all up and tip into a large bowl (or several small ones), and enjoy while still hot.
Peace, love, and healthy snacking from the Sari Foods family!