Spirulina & Chocolate Superfood Bites
Looking for the perfect plant-based snack that’s tasty, nutritious, and travels well? Here’s one we think you’ll love—and this yummy recipe contains all the powerful green goodness of spirulina in every bite!
If you’re excited about superfood spirulina, but the thought of eating algae doesn't sound overly appealing, this recipe is a fun way to introduce spirulina to your taste buds.
Gluten and dairy free, these paleo, vegan-friendly bite-sized snacks are packed with wholesome goodness from every single ingredient.
- 1 cup ground gluten free oats
- 1 cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup chia seeds (or ground flaxseed also works well)
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Spirulina Powder
- ½ Tbsp matcha powder
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup (up to ½ cup if you'd prefer a sweeter snack)
- ¾ cup melted dairy free dark chocolate
- In a bowl, stir together all ingredients except melted chocolate. The mixture should be well combined and dough-like.
- Take 1 ½ Tbsp of the mixture, roll it into a ball, and place onto a baking tray.
- Repeat until all of the mixture is used, and place the tray in the freezer for around ½ hour.
- Dip each ball into melted chocolate and return to the freezer until the chocolate has set.
These bites can be kept in a container for up to a week in the fridge or for three weeks in the freezer. Defrost for approximately 15-20 minutes if storing in the freezer.
Peace, love, and energy snacking goodness from the Sari Foods family.