Grilled Vegan Mexican Street Corn
There’s something about a summertime street fair that brings out the kid in all of us—a magically chaotic symphony of music, rides, varied cultures, and of course all those incredibly delicious and fun foods. Sadly though, the grownup part of us knows that most fair food isn’t exactly the healthiest, and even if it was, there’s not always a convenient street fair around.
When you’re craving that joyful, smoky street food experience, this healthy, vegan, authentically Mexican grilled corn recipe more than satisfies—and you can prepare it in minutes, right in your own backyard. The wholesome ingredients provide a perfect balance of flavor and nutrition combining fresh, lutein- and zeaxanthin-rich corn on the cob with zesty lime juice for vitamin C, garlic to support immune and heart health, and creamy avocado for healthy fat. As if that wasn’t scrumptious enough, cilantro, smoked paprika, cayenne, and nutritional yeast add flavor, bite, and heat, along with lots of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Rained out? No problem, you can easily make this recipe indoors on your stove top. So turn on some music, invite your friends, and get ready to party. There’s a street fair at your house tonight!
• 6 corn cobs
• ½ avocado
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped (+ extra for garnish)
• 2 Tbsp lime juice
• 1 Tbsp water
• 2 Tbsp Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast
• ½ tsp smoked paprika
• ¼-½ tsp cayenne pepper
• Sea salt & pepper to taste
• 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
1. Prepare and heat the grill.
2. While the grill is pre-heating, mash together the avocado with the garlic, cilantro, lime juice, water, Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast, smoked paprika, ¼ tsp cayenne, and pepper. Add additional salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
3. Grill corn for 10 minutes until the kernels are tender and there are grills marks.
4. Place the roasted corn on a plate. Spread the avocado mixture on the corn until coated.
5. Garnish with smoked paprika and cilantro.
Alternative “no BBQ” method: Fill a large pot with water until about ¾ of the way full. Add the cobs of corn to the pot, bring water to a boil, and cook for 8-10 minutes until the corn is tender. When cooked, grill the corn in a cast iron skillet to get the roast marks. Spread avocado mash over the corn and garnish.