Golden Honey Roasted Carrots
If you’ve been struggling to get your kids (or spouse!) to eat their vegetables, consider your struggle officially over. Once your family bites into these sweet-n-savory honey roasted carrots, the only issue you’ll be dealing with will be keeping enough of this dish around! Comforting carrots have a naturally sweet, warm flavor that’s enhanced by the delicate honey glaze, and perfectly balanced with a touch of earthy salt and sunny turmeric. But the yummy taste may not even be the best part of this recipe—it’s also a wonderful way to nurture glowing wellness from head to toe.
Carrots are a powerhouse of nutrition, rich in prebiotics, vitamin K, potassium, biotin, beta carotene, and other antioxidants to support healthy eyes, brain, heart, skin, and digestion. And as an added bonus, they’re one of the few veggies that becomes even more nutritious with gentle cooking! Baking the carrots in coconut oil introduces healthy, medium-chain fatty acids and the light drizzle of honey or maple syrup adds much more than sweetness—both of these natural sweeteners are also chock full of antioxidants. And the flavorful turmeric that rounds out this dish is a superfood in its own right!
Since it’s made with such simple ingredients, odds are you’ve already got everything you need for this easy recipe right in your kitchen. And because it takes less than an hour to prepare from start to finish, you may even be able to include it in tonight’s dinner. But be warned—you’ll have to get used to lots of requests for more vegetables!
- 2 lbs carrots peeled
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- ½-1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
⅓ tsp Sari Foods Turmeric Powder
- Mix together honey and turmeric powder, set aside
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly grease a large baking pan.
- Cut carrots into the shape and size of your choosing. Note: Roasting time is for whole carrots, so if you cut them, you’ll have to adjust/shorten.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and melted coconut oil.
- Put carrots in a large mixing bowl and toss with the coconut oil until all the carrots are coated.
- Add salt and stir until it’s evenly distributed.
- Spread in one layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Stir and roast 10 additional minutes, or until carrots are just starting to brown.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and drizzle with golden honey, then stir until the honey is evenly distributed.
- Return the carrots back to the oven and roast for an additional 10-15 minutes or until carrots are just golden-brown.
- Serve immediately!