Vegan Berry-Chocolate Tarts
Take just one look at these beautiful vegan berry-chocolate tarts and you’re going to be amazed! This rich dessert looks almost too good to eat—but it would be a shame if you didn’t dig into all the scrumptious yum! Our creamy chocolate and coconut milk filling, combined with the best acai you will ever taste, makes for the most delicious dessert that the whole family will love (vegan or not).
Coconut milk contains a fat that mimics dairy cream, making it a great, thick, and creamy alternative. If you don't like coconut, don't worry—the flavor is subtle and masked by rich dark chocolate deliciousness!!
The surprising secret to our naturally sweet and totally yummy biscuit base is organic acai powder. Arguably the most delicious of the super-fruits and sourced from the Amazonian rainforest, Sari Foods premium organic acai powder is freeze-dried to capture acai’s rich taste and creamy texture while preserving the nutrition naturally found in this miraculous superfood.
A dollop of acai coconut cream provides the finishing touch for each already scrumptious tart. With a delectable light, fluffy, sweetness that perfectly complements the richness of this dessert, our lovely vegan cream is so good you’ll want to keep some around to enhance all your sweet indulgences!
- 1 cup of your favorite mixed berries (we used blueberries and raspberries)
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 6 Tbsp vegan butter
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ⅞ cup dark chocolate
- Handful of pistachio nuts
- 1½ cups digestive biscuits*
- 1 heaping Tbsp Sari Foods Organic Acai Powder
For the Acai Cream:
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Acai Powder
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 can coconut cream, chilled
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Crush biscuits into crumbs, and mix with coconut sugar and acai powder. Melt butter and add to the mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Using 4, 3-inch torte tins, press the crumb mixture into the tins using your hands to cover the edges of the tins. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan until just boiling, pour onto the chocolate, and allow to sit for 1 minute. Stir mixture until chocolate is melted.
- Divide chocolate mixture evenly between the torte tins and allow to set for approximately 3 hours in the fridge.
- When the tarts are ready to serve, make the cream. Scoop the solid white coconut cream into the bowl, and discard the water.
- Add acai powder and vanilla extract, and beat with an electric hand blender until the cream is fluffy and everything is combined.
- Top tarts with cream, berries of your choice, and pistachio nuts. Serve and enjoy!
*Recipe Notes: Not all digestive biscuits contain vegan ingredients, so check the label before you buy!
Peace and indulgent dessert love from the Sari Foods family.