Whoa, whoa, whoa... would you just look at these beautiful Vegan Berry-Chocolate Tarts! A rich dessert that looks almost too good to eat... we said almost! The creamy chocolate and coconut milk filling, combined with the best acai you will EVER taste, makes for the most delicious dessert that everyone needs to try (vegan or not).
Coconut milk contains a fat that mimics dairy cream, making it a great, thick and creamy alternative. If you don't like coconut, don't worry - the flavor is subtle and masked by rich dark chocolate deliciousness!!
The best biscuit base EVER!
Our secret to a naturally sweet and totally yummy biscuit base? Our acai powder. Arguably the most delicious of the super-fruits and sourced from the amazonian rainforest, Sari Foods premium organic acai powder is freeze-dried in order to completely capture the rich taste and creamy texture while maximizing the health benefits found in this miraculous superfood.
Introducing Acai Coconut Cream
The light, fluffy and totally delicious cream you see atop this tart is a great accompaniment for this rich dessert. As an added bonus, we will share with you our recipe for this 3 ingredient cream too!
You will need:
- 1 cup of your favorite mixed berries (we used blueberries and raspberries)
- 120ml canned coconut milk
- 85g vegan butter
- 66g coconut sugar
- 150g dark chocolate
- Handful of pistachio nuts
- 150g digestive biscuits*
- 1 heaping tbsp. Sari Foods Organic Acai Powder
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Acai Powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 can coconut cream, chilled
- Preheat oven to 190 C. Crush the biscuits into crumbs and mix with the coconut sugar and acai powder. Melt the butter and add to the mixture, stir until well combined.
- Using 4, 3-inch torte tins, press the crumb mixture into the tins using your hands to cover the edges of the tins. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan until just boiling, add to the chocolate and allow to sit for 1 minute. Stir mixture until chocolate is melted.
- Divide evenly between the torte tins and allow to set for approximately 3 hours in the fridge.
- When the tarts are ready to serve, make the cream. Scoop the solid white coconut cream into the bowl, discard the water.
- Add the acai powder and vanilla extract and using an electric hand blender, beat the cream until fluffy and everything is combined.
- Top the tarts with the cream, berries of your choice and pistachio nuts. Serve. Enjoy!
*Recipe Notes: Not all digestive biscuits contain vegan ingredients, so do check the label before you buy!
Peace and indulgent dessert love from the Sari Foods family.