Homemade Juice Pulp Veggie Burgers
Juicing fresh fruits and veggies is healthy and delicious, but it leads to an inevitable dilemma—what in the world can be done with all that leftover juice pulp? It seems like such a shame to toss all that fibrous goodness!
With these delicious homemade veggie burgers, juicing doesn’t have to be a wasteful process. These super easy burgers make good use of that pulp, and contain just five simple ingredients including Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast.
Garbanzo beans and nutritional yeast provide protein and vitamins—as well as giving these high fiber burgers a hearty taste that appeals to both kids and adults. Enjoy them on multigrain toast with salsa, guacamole, fresh greens, and tomatoes, along with a tall glass of that fresh juice you just pressed!
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast
- 1 cup juice pulp from juicing
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Coconut oil for frying
- Mash the first four ingredients together in a bowl thoroughly, and then form into patties.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan, and when hot add the patties. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and serve with your favorite toppings.
Do you have any favorite ways to use juice pulp? We’d love to hear about them!
Peace, love, and juice pulp goodness from the Sari Foods family.