Creamy Avocado & Wheatgrass Hummus
If you like hummus and guacamole then you are going to love this creamy avocado wheatgrass hummus. It really is the best of both worlds!
Our yummy recipe retains the traditional ingredients you've come to expect from a tasty hummus, and then brings creamy avocados and refreshing lime on board for a unique taste experience. In addition to its great flavor, this dish really packs a nutritional punch! Let's take a closer look at some of the key ingredients:
- Raw avocado: Avocados contain healthy fats, dietary fiber, several B vitamins, vitamin K, vitamin E, and potassium.
- Chickpeas: Chickpeas are a natural vegan and gluten-free source of protein and fiber. Additionally, chickpeas contain folate, copper, and manganese, as well as iron, vitamin B6, and magnesium.
- Wheatgrass powder: Unlike wheatgrass juice powders (where wheatgrass is juiced then dried to a powder), we also preserve all of the fiber for natural whole food nutrition. Sari Foods wheatgrass contains fiber, chlorophyll, phytonutrients, antioxidants, calcium, selenium, iron, and vitamins A, E, and B12. And because these nutrients are in their natural form, they’re more easily broken down and absorbed during digestion than synthetic vitamins and minerals.
This means you can snack away on this mouthwatering dip and actually feel good about it! Share it with friends, add it to your lunches as a healthy side, or practice self-care by curling up with your favorite movie (or book), a bowl of chips, and this tasty hummus. No restraint is necessary!
1 can chickpeas, drained
2 Tbsp tahini
3 Tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 Tbsp Sari Foods Organic Wheatgrass Powder
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 ripe avocados, peeled and cored
Tortilla chips or raw veggies, to serve
1. Place chickpeas, tahini, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, and wheatgrass in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
2. Add the avocados and process again until well combined with a creamy texture. You can add a few drops of water if you prefer a thinner consistency or would like to use it as a dressing for salads. Serve and enjoy!
Peace, love, and creamy dips from the Sari Foods family.