If you like hummus and guacamole then you are going to LOVE this Creamy Avocado Wheatgrass Hummus - it really is the best of both worlds.
This recipe retains the traditional ingredients you've come to expect from a tasty hummus, while incorporating the creamy texture of avocados, and refreshing citrus flavors of lime.
In addition to its great taste, this dish really packs a nutritional punch! Let's take a closer look at some of the key ingredients.
- Raw Avocado. Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, dietary fiber, several B vitamins, vitamin K, vitamin E and potassium.
- Chickpeas. Chickpeas are a natural vegan and gluten-free source of protein and fiber. Additionally, chickpeas contain folate, copper and manganese, and boast high levels of iron, vitamin B6 and magnesium.
- Wheatgrass Powder. Unlike wheatgrass juice powders (where wheatgrass is juiced then dried to a powder), we also preserve all of the fiber from the leaves which promotes digestion and even helps to keep you fuller for longer. Furthermore, Sari Foods wheatgrass is an excellent wholefood source of fiber, chlorophyll, phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins A, E and B12, calcium, selenium, iron and more. And because they are naturally occurring, these nutrients are more easily broken down and absorbed, making them more bioavailable as they work in unity within the human body.
So you can snack away with this mouthwatering dip and feel good about it! Share it with friends, add it to your lunches as a healthy side, or practice self-care with your favorite movie (or a good book), a bowl of chips and this tasty hummus! No restraint necessary!
You will need:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp Sari Foods Organic Wheatgrass Powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cored
- Tortilla chips or raw veggies, to serve
- Add chickpeas, tahini, lime juice, olive oil, garlic and wheatgrass to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Add the avocados and process again until well combined and you achieve a creamy texture. You can add a few drops of water if you prefer a thinner consistency and intend to use as a dressing for salads. Serve and enjoy!
Peace, love and creamy dips from the Sari Foods family.
We'd love to see your variations of this hummus. Come and inspire fellow foodies with your creation on Instagram or Facebook, and don't forget to tag us using the #sarifoods for a chance to be featured on our account.