These Cheezy Kale Chips taste sinfully good, but thankfully, there’s no need to repent. Despite the fact that they’re wickedly crisp and flavorful enough to rival all your guilty junk food pleasures, our wholesome kale chips are filled with all kinds of goodness, and they’re super easy to make.
To make things even better, these chips are very travel-friendly, making them a great choice for movie night or on your daily commute. The topping options are endless too! We like ours with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and sesame seeds, but you can try spicing them up with some turmeric and chilli flakes. For a sweeter option, go for a drizzle of maple syrup and brown sugar. You’ll be amazed at how yummy kale can be!
- Bunch of kale
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaping Tbsp Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- A little sea salt
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment, and preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place kale in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss until well combined and kale is lightly coated in oil.
- Spread kale in a single layer on the baking tray.
- Combine nutritional yeast and sesame seeds in a small bowl and sprinkle over the kale. Season with sea salt, and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until crisp and just starting to turn golden. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the kale pieces.
- Allow to cool for five minutes and enjoy straight away. Alternatively, place in an airtight container and store for up to two days.
To ensure a crunchy kale chip, ensure the pieces are well spread out on the tray and are in a single layer.