Simple Superfood Hot Cacao
The arrival of fall and cooler days brings colorful leaves, cozy sweaters, and the comfort of soothing warm drinks. When it comes to filling your favorite autumn mug, nothing beats the sweet richness of hot cocoa to make you feel toasty and content, no matter how chilly it is outside.
If you don’t think of hot chocolate as a healthy beverage, there’s good news: You don’t have to settle for store bought mixes that contain all kinds of artificial additives, and there’s no need to use dairy milk or refined sugar to make awesome hot cocoa at home!
This yummy recipe adds a healthy twist to classic hot chocolate by including a few superfood ingredients (the kind you probably already have at home)—and leaving out all the stuff you don’t want in your cup. With a nice variety of antioxidants, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and pure yum, this is sure to be the hot chocolate you can finally feel great about drinking.
- 2 cups of non-dairy milk
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder
- ¼ tsp Sari Foods Organic Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring milk to a boil. Lower to a simmer, add cacao, and stir.
- Add maca powder, turmeric, and cinnamon, and continue to stir.
- Stir in honey until well combined.
- Add coconut oil and mix with a whisk until the solids are melted and drink thickens.
Drink up! Peace and love from Abi and the Sari Foods family.