Who doesn't love an iced treat? We’ve got one for you that’s as healthy as it is delicious! In addition to being gluten and dairy free, this refreshing iced dessert contains acacia fiber—a plant based starch that’s also a treat for the friendly bacteria in your gastrointestinal tract.
Did you know that foods like asparagus, bananas, leeks, and acacia fiber are great plant based sources of prebiotics? Prebiotics (a type of plant fiber that acts as food for the good bacteria in your gut) are an important part of any healthy diet—but we think the main reason you’ll love this recipe is its yummy taste.
Rich coconut milk and natural maple syrup give this frosty dessert its delectable sweet creaminess, which is then perfectly balanced by a citrusy burst of fresh lemon juice. Perfect for lazy summer afternoons—or to cool the palette after a hot and spicy meal—this lemony sherbet ice is sure to be a hit with everyone in your family.
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup coconut milk, full fat
- ⅛ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp Sari Foods Organic Acacia Fiber Powder
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 cup of ice
- Place almond milk, coconut milk, sugar, and salt in a pan, and heat until the sugar and salt dissolve. Pour the liquid into a bowl, and chill in the fridge for two hours.
- Once cooled, process liquid, lemon juice, maple syrup, ice, and acacia fiber in a high speed blender for one minute until everything is well combined.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container and allow to set in the freezer overnight. Thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.