Who doesn't love an iced treat, right?! In addition to being gluten and dairy free (and totally delicious), this cool iced dessert contains acacia fiber - a plant based starch which helps to feed the friendly bacteria in your gastrointestinal tract to support gut health, digestion, metabolism and healthy weight.
Did you know...
Did you know that foods such as raw asparagus, bananas and leeks (to name a few) are great plant based sources of prebiotics? In a nutshell, prebiotics are a type of plant fiber which encourage the growth of good bacteria in your gut.
Acacia fiber is arguably the most powerful food-based prebiotic in existence. This awesome food has been clinically shown to nurture the beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract while discouraging the growth of unfriendly bacteria.
Cool, huh? Now you have one more reason to try this delicious iced dish!
You will need:
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp Sari Foods Organic Acacia Fiber Powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 cup of ice
- Add almond milk, coconut milk, sugar and salt to a pan and heat until the sugar and salt dissolves. Pour the liquid into a bowl and allow to cool in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Once cooled, place liquid, lemon juice, maple syrup, ice and acacia fiber into a high speed blender and blend for one minute until everything is well combined.
- Pour into a container suitable for the freezer and allow to set in the freezer overnight. Sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.