Warming Pomegranate, Elderflower & Beet Winter Smoothie
Warming, delicate, and remarkably refreshing, the secret to this winter warmer is jasmine tea. Pair it with fluffy pajamas, cozy slippers, and a good book for a delicious trip to snuggle central.
This warm winter smoothie delivers a burst of superfood goodness from our Organic Beet Powder, but it’s the sweet earthy flavor and subtle creaminess this ruby powder imparts that will keep you coming back for more.
Top tip for getting the seeds out of your pomegranate:
Slice your pomegranate in half, loosely holding the cut side in the palm of your hand over a bowl. Whack the back of the pomegranate with a wooden spoon—the seeds will drop out into the palm of your hand and you can quickly tip them into the bowl below. This method is quick and results in far less juice spraying everywhere. To be on the safe side though, we still wouldn’t recommend preparing this one in your best white t-shirt!
- Seeds from half a pomegranate
- 1 apple
- ½ Tbsp elderflower cordial
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Beet Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sari Foods Organic Acacia Fiber (optional, but we like our smoothies creamy)
- 1¼ cups hot jasmine tea (It’s fine to substitute green tea or your favorite herbal tea if desired.)
- Place pomegranate seeds, elderflower cordial, apple, and powders in a smoothie maker. Add a splash of cold water and a splash of jasmine tea.*
- Blend on high for a minute or two until everything is completely incorporated.
- Pour smoothie into a cup and stir in the remaining jasmine tea.
*Many blenders or mixers aren’t designed to take hot liquids, so we absolutely recommend blending the ingredients cold and adding the warm water afterward. Hot liquid may shatter your jug (if it’s glass), or cause so much pressure to build up inside the container that liquid can explode out when you open the lid. This is not only very messy—it’s really dangerous!