There’s nothing better on a cold winter’s day than curling up with a warm chocolatey beverage. This super warming winter smoothie is the perfect antidote for those cold mornings when you just need a sweet little pick-me-up to get you going for the day.
This glass of chocolatey goodness delivers on all levels—creamy, rich, and it still packs a superfood punch with a hefty dose of fiber courtesy of our Organic Acacia Fiber Powder. It’s the perfect way to kick start your digestive system for the day.
- 0.5 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant based milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1/2 ripe medium-sized banana
- 6 almonds (soaked for easier blending)
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Acacia Fiber Powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cold water
- Add the dark chocolate to a jug and pour in the plant milk. Heat the mixture until it is warm and the chocolate has melted (use whichever method you prefer to warm the mixture up).
- Add the oats, banana, almonds, chia seeds, acacia fiber powder, water, and approx. a fifth of the plant milk to your smoothie maker or blender. Add in an extra splash of cold water if you think the liquid is too warm*
- Blend on high for a minute until the oats and chia seeds have been completely incorporated.
- While it's blending, further heat the rest of the almond/chocolate mix until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the blended oat mix into your cup, stir in the almond/chocolate mix, and serve.
*Many blenders or mixers aren’t designed to take hot liquids, so we absolutely recommend blending the ingredients at room temperature and adding the hot ingredients afterward. Hot liquid may shatter your jug (if it’s glass), or if not, pressure builds up inside the container and all your liquid can explode out when you open the lid—very messy, and not to mention dangerous!