There’s nothing more delicious on a cold winter’s day than curling up with a warm chocolatey beverage, and this warming winter smoothie adds a whole new twist to traditional oatmeal breakfasts. With its scrumptious flavor and comforting warmth, it’s the perfect antidote for those frosty mornings when you need some sweet motivation to coax you out from under the cozy covers.
This glass of chocolatey goodness delivers on all levels. It’s creamy, rich, and packs a fiberful superfood punch to help kickstart your day. This delicious warm smoothie tastes like dessert, but it’s as wholesome and good for you as savory alternatives. And with chocolate on the menu, you may even be able to convince your kids to slow down and join you for breakfast!
- 0.5 oz dark chocolate chopped
- ¾ cup unsweetened plant based milk
- 1½ Tbsp rolled oats
- ½ ripe medium-sized banana
- 6 almonds (soaked for easier blending)
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Acacia Fiber Powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cold water
- Place dark chocolate in a jug and pour in plant milk. Microwave until mixture is warm and the chocolate has melted (you can do this in a pan if you prefer).
- Process oats, banana, almonds, chia seeds, acacia fiber powder, water, and approximately a fifth of the plant milk in a smoothie maker or blender. Add in an extra splash of cold water if you think the liquid is too warm.*
- Blend on high for a minute until the oats and chia seeds have been completely incorporated.
- While the blender is running, further heat the rest of the almond/chocolate mix until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the blended oat mix into a cup, stir in the almond/chocolate mix, and serve.
*Many blenders or mixers aren’t designed to take hot liquids, so we absolutely recommend blending the ingredients at room temperature and adding the hot ingredients afterward. Hot liquid may shatter your jug (if it’s glass), or if not, pressure can build up inside the container and all your liquid can explode out when you open the lid. This can be very messy, and more importantly, dangerous!