Did you know that in Ayurvedic practice, it is believed that cold raw foods make your digestive system work harder, in particular, your Agni, the fire in your belly?!
But for those of you who still love your raw salads, we have the perfect solution, pair with delicious warm toppings!
This is our Warm Beetroot Falafel & Avocado Salad Bowl, made with beet powder, an ancient, prehistoric food containing a wide variety of health-boosting nutrients - Sari Foods Organic Beet Powder is freeze-dried in order to capture the rich taste and creamy texture while maximizing the health benefits found in this miraculous superfood.
You will need:
- 2 beetroots*
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 & 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp Sari Foods Organic Beet Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sari Foods Organic Turmeric Powder
*Before making the recipe, prepare the beetroots by slicing the top off the beets and discard. Chop the remaining beetroot into half-inch cubes and bake in the oven for around 40 minutes. Leave to cool until you are ready to make the falafels.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until everything is broken down.
- Using your hands, roll into even sized balls and press down into small patties onto an oven tray lined with baking parchment.
- Oven cook at 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes. While the falafels are cooking, prepare your salad bowl. We used mixed salad leaves, grated carrot and some chopped avocado. Top with the falafels when ready.
Peace, love and happy bellies from all the team at Sari Foods!