Frosty popsicles are a quintessential summertime treat that somehow make fun in the sun even better. But the store-bought kind are full of artificial colors and flavors, and are also often loaded with high fructose corn syrup. Yuck!
Thankfully, it’s easy to make your own popsicles at home without all that nasty stuff—and they still taste great!
This vegan-friendly recipe uses only wholesome ingredients like chocolatey cacao, sweet maple syrup, and cooling mint. Coconut cream adds healthy fats, creating an ice cream-like texture without any dairy. As a finishing touch, our spirulina gives these frozen treats an added nutritional burst along with a vibrant, natural green color that’s sure to add even more joy to the sweetest days of summer.
For the popsicles
- 14oz coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp. cacao powder
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp Sari Foods Organic Spirulina Powder
- 2 tsp mint extract
For the drizzle
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips, vegan
- Place all popsicle ingredients into a blender and pulse until mixture comes together.
- Transfer mixture into popsicle molds, dividing evenly, and place a wooden stick in each compartment. Freeze for at least 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish and cook in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the frozen popsicles and enjoy!