Cheesecake is one of those words that encompasses all that is good and delicious in the world of food. A good one should be creamy, tart, sweet and have a bit of crunch from the base all at the same time. We think we’ve hit the nail on the head with these two-bite morsels—even better, they’re refined sugar-free, dairy-free, naturally gluten-free, and vegan. However, what they aren’t free of is nutritional plant-based goodness.
Loaded with not one, but two powerful superfoods, these bite-sized beauties are so good you could eat them for breakfast. Wheatgrass is naturally energizing and detoxifying, helping you start your day off on the right foot. This sustainably sourced leafy green is also a good source of fiber, chlorophyll, phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins A, E and B12, calcium, selenium, and iron—all naturally occurring. Meanwhile, our Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast Flakes add that wonderful cheesiness that truly takes the flavor of these to a whole new level of wonderful. An excellent source of protein (a complete, bioavailable and vegan source) and fiber, our nutritional yeast contains all 18 amino acids and a multitude of different minerals (including iron, selenium, and zinc) and is hands-down the most delicious way to increase your B vitamin intake.
So for an energizing, detoxifying snack that is packed with protein, good fats, amino acids, and an army of nutrients, this is the perfect recipe.
Raw Vegan Mini Creamy Cheesecakes
Ingredients for the crust:
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp coconut butter
- 2 dates
- ¼ Tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
Ingredients for the vegan cheesecake filling:
- 1½ cups cashews, soaked for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- ½ cup almond milk.
- 4 - 5 tsp lime juice.
- ¼ Tsp vanilla extract.
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup.
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Wheatgrass Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sari Foods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 2 tsp coconut oil, liquid.
- Pinch of salt.
- In a food processor pulse the almonds until they are broken up. We recommend not to small as you have a bit more blending still to go.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the base layer and process until the mixture is sticky, and starting to form clumps. Stop well before it reaches paste consistency.
- Press into molds, forming an even ½ inch base layer. Best to use your fingers.
Place in the freezer for 30 min or until firm.
Vegan Cheesecake Filling Instructions:
- Rinse and drain the cashews.
- Blend all ingredients together, (except coconut oil) in a high-speed blender until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Add the coconut oil liquid, and blend again at slow speed for just a few seconds until incorporated.
- Pour cream filling over the base—aim for about 1-inch thickness. Garnish top with berries.
- Place the mini cheesecakes in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
30 min before serving, remove the vegan cheesecakes from their mold and place in the refrigerator.