“Fiber-rich” and “scrumptious dessert” don’t usually turn up in the same sentence, but that’s about to change. These delicious, high-fiber bliss balls get their satisfying sweetness from luscious medjool dates with no added sugars—and the walnuts and almond flour add a full, nutty sophistication to the gentle vanilla flavor. To make a great thing even better, our Organic Psyllium Husk Powder gives this simple recipe an extra burst of healthy fiber to help keep your whole body as happy as your tastebuds.
These no-bake bliss balls only take minutes to prepare, making it easy to indulge your sweet tooth with no remorse, any time of day or night. Enjoy them as a novel breakfast treat, elegant dessert, or a relaxing afternoon snack paired with a soothing turmeric latte. Who says fiber can’t be fabulous?
- 1¼ cups well-packed pitted medjool dates
- 1¼ cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp Sari Foods Organic Psyllium Husk Powder
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- Splash of almond milk if needed
- Shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- Place dates in a food processor and mix until well combined (when a large ball forms). Remove and set aside.
- Combine walnuts, almond flour, psyllium husk, and sea salt in the food processor, and blend until a semi-fine meal texture forms. Gradually add dates back in along with vanilla extract. Pulse until a pliable dough forms and add a splash of your favorite plant-based milk as needed, being careful not to over blend.
- Using a spoon, scoop out 1-2 tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls with hands. Place each ball directly on a parchment-lined baking sheet, repeating until all the dough has been used up.
- Roll in chia seeds or finely shredded coconut (if desired), and store in the refrigerator or freezer. Balls will keep in the refrigerator up to one week or in the freezer up to a month.