When it’s cold and dreary outside, there’s nothing better than waking up to a delicious warm breakfast. Porridge is an old classic that’s always a winner in our book. It’s creamy, warming, and packed with fiber to kick-start your day. But sometimes it’s fun to give an old favorite a fresh new take—enter Sunshine Turmeric Oats.
Inspired by the golden bowls of oaty goodness gracing the Instagram feed of Bites by Bekah, we’ve concocted our own take on this cozy dish. Packed with our Organic Turmeric Powder, plus a burst of creamy goodness from our Acacia Fiber Powder, this recipe is the perfect morning pick-me-up.
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup almond milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Acacia Fiber Powder
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A mix of nuts, seeds, coconut threads, and/or fruit for toppings
- Combine oats, acacia fiber powder, turmeric powder, cinnamon, and water in a pot.
- Add water and cook on low heat for 10-15 mins (or until desired creaminess is achieved).
- Stir in plant milk and feel free to continue cooking a few additional minutes if you love your porridge really creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with your choice of toppings—enjoy!