Whoever came up with the phrase “too much of a good thing” clearly has never enjoyed a good smoothie bowl. Smoothie bowls are the perfect way to kickstart your day, and they’re packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and good fats. There are countless yummy ways to make a smoothie bowl, but we often find ourselves coming back to a few super easy and delicious classics.
One of our all time favorite smoothie bowl flavor combinations is bananas, strawberries, and greens.This delicious recipe has a sweet strawberry-banana flavor along with fresh spinach and Sari Foods Organic Wheatgrass Powder for an extra burst of deep green superfood goodness.
Unlike many wheatgrass powders on the market, which are made by juicing and then drying, Sari Foods Organic Wheatgrass Powder is made using the whole leaf. Harvested at its nutritional peak, our wheatgrass is hand picked, air dried, and gently milled the same day to capture and lock-in the whole food nutrition that Mother Nature intended.
This nutritious smoothie bowl is so delicious it’s sure to become your daily breakfast go-to. Our recipe makes enough for two bowls, so you can share with a friend—or just eat both yourself!
- 1 heaping Tbsp Sari Foods Organic Wheatgrass Powder
- ¼ ripe avocado
- 2 medium ripe bananas (previously sliced and frozen)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1½-2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (quantity depends on how thick you like your smoothie)
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp nut butter (optional)
- Process all smoothie ingredients in a blender until creamy and smooth. Add more almond milk to thin if desired.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more banana for sweetness, more spinach for a brighter green, or more almond milk for creaminess.
- Divide between 2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings!
- Best devoured immediately, although leftovers can be stored in jars in the fridge for 1-2 days.