The arrival of fall and cooler days has me reaching for one of my favorite warm drinks. There is nothing more comforting for me than a cup of hot cocoa on a cold day.
You don't need to use dairy or expensive chocolate to make the best hot cocoa and you no longer need to settle for the chemical-laden, powdered, store bought variety. Why? Because we have a delicious alternative.
This true classic just got even better with a few superfood ingredients (the kind you probably already have at home). Packed-full of immune boosting, antioxidant-filled ingredients, this is a hot chocolate you can feel great about drinking.
You will need:
- 2 cups of non-dairy milk (we used coconut)
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sari Foods Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Add milk to a medium sized saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower to a simmer, add the cacao and stir.
- Add maca powder, turmeric and cinnamon and continue to stir.
- Stir in honey until well combined.
- Add coconut oil and mix with a whisk until the solids are melted and drink thickens.
Drink up! Peace and love from Abi (Co-founder) and the Sari Foods family :)