The joys of summer have their own special sweetness. From building sand castles and playing in the warm ocean to the luscious, ripe berries that are so abundant during this season, that sweetness seems to permeate every moment during summer’s easygoing months.
This delicious baked berry crisp is a wonderful way to celebrate the sweetness of summer—and unlike many other fruit crisp recipes out there, is made from only healthy, natural ingredients and has no refined sugar, so you can enjoy it guilt free. The yummy whole berries and acai powder are superfoods in their own right, loaded with powerful antioxidants like anthocyanins, ellagic acid, and resveratrol. Prebiotic-rich berries also provide important nutrients like folate, vitamin K, manganese, copper, and vitamin C, while cinnamon and nutmeg warm up the flavor with additional fiber, nutrients, and antioxidants. Lemon juice balances with a refreshing zest, and the protein-rich nuts, heart-healthy oats, and gut-healthy coconut oil all bring a satisfying full body to the dish.
Preparing this berry crisp is super easy, which means even the youngest kids can help you bake it—a perfect summer activity for those occasional rainy days!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp Sari Foods Vitamin C Powder
- 3 Tbsp Sari Foods Acai Powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, cornstarch, Sari Foods Vitamin C Powder, and Sari Foods Acai Powder into a large bowl. Mix well and add mixture into a baking dish.
- Add rolled oats, almond meal, walnuts, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt into a bowl. Mix well and evenly spread on top of berry mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until top is golden and berries start to bubble.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.