Tropical Toast with Spirulina
Looking for a unique new way to enjoy a healthy breakfast or lunch?? We might be able to help with that! Enter tropical toast.
This super easy recipe is as delicious as it is gorgeous—and it’s chock full of spirulina goodness. Successfully employed by NASA as a dietary supplement for astronauts, declared the best food of the future by the United Nations, and specially recommended by the World Health Organization for nourishing children, if spirulina isn't already one of your dietary staples, it really should be!
This zesty, cheerful recipe is actually really versatile, and we think you’ll have lots of fun creating your own variations. Feel free to customize with your own swirly patterns, and sprinkle on favorite toppings!
- ½ cup plain cashew nuts (soaked overnight in hot water)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Spirulina Powder
- 2 slices of your favorite toast
- Coconut shreds and oats (optional, add your own toppings)
- Drain cashews and place in a food processor or high speed blender along with the lemon juice, vinegar, and salt. Blend for around 1-2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth and creamy in texture. You can add a few drops of water if the consistency is too thick.
- Transfer two Tbsp of the mixture to a small pot and stir in the spirulina powder until well combined. Set aside.
- Spread some of the plain cashew cream cheese onto your favorite toast in an even layer. Add a little of the spirulina cashew cream cheese on top, creating whichever pattern you like. We simply spread the spirulina layer in a wave motion to create the tropical vibrant green color!
- Enjoy plain or add your favorite toppings. Remaining cashew cheese mixture can be stored in a container for up to three days in the fridge.
Peace, love, and tropical toast goodness from the Sari Foods family!