So Foodies, by now you should be well immersed in your New Year health and wellness goals... right? BUT, are you already lacking healthful breakfast and lunch inspiration? We might be able to help with that - enter the Tropical Toast.
This super easy recipe is as delicious as it is gorgeous, not to mention packed full of spirulina goodness. Successfully used by NASA as a dietary supplement for astronauts on space missions, declared by the United Nations as the best food of the future and recommended by the World Health Organisation especially for nourishing children, if spirulina isn't already one of your dietary staples, it really should be!
Let's spread some tropical happiness on that plate!
You are sure to have some fun creating your own version of this vibrant toast spread, so feel free to customize with your own swirly patterns and favorite toppings.
You will need:
- 60g plain cashew nuts (soak overnight in hot water)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch Himalayan seat salt
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Spirulina Powder
- 2 slices of your favorite toast
- Coconut shreds and oats (optional, add your own toppings)
- Drain the cashews and add to a food processor or high speed blender along with the lemon juice, vinegar and salt. Blend for around 1-2 minutes or until mixture is smooth and creamy in texture. You can add a few drops of water if the consistency is too thick.
- Transfer two tbsps. of the mixture to a small pot and stir in the spirulina powder until well combined. Set aside.
- Spread some of the plain cashew cream cheese onto your favorite toast in an even layer. Add a little of the spirulina cashew cream cheese on top, creating whichever pattern you fancy - we simply spread the spirulina layer in a wave motion to create the tropical vibrant green color!
- Enjoy plain or add your favorite toppings. Remaining cashew cheese mixture can be stored in a container for up to 3 days in the fridge.