There is something about this colorful rainbow that makes us smile and so we are celebrating Pride Month with this joyful, superfood smoothie.
With each simple layer, the naturally clean ingredients speak for themselves with their fresh flavors and powerful nutrients but, combine them as one in our celebratory rainbow smoothie and it's a match made in heaven. We found the smoothie plenty sweet on its own, but you can add a little honey if you find yourself needing a touch more.
Unlike some other rainbow smoothies on the web, we haven't used synthetic food dyes or sugary fruit juices of any kind. Instead, we used our powerful superfoods as a natural food coloring to create these magical layers. Sari Foods Rainbow Smoothie includes 4 of our Organic, 100% whole food based products - which your body will just love.
Since you will be layering each color on top of the other, you will want to make sure that each layer has a thick consistency. If you find your layers are too watery, pour the layer into a container and place in the freezer for a while until it thickens - this helps ensure the layers remain defined in your glass.
Here's the recipe:
Makes 2 smoothie jars
· ½ cup coconut water
· ½ cup mixed frozen berries
· 3 tbsp chia seeds
· 1 heaping tsp Sari Foods Organic Acai Powder
· ½ cup frozen mango chunks
· Juice from 1 organic orange
· Handful organic spinach
· ½ frozen banana
· 1 tsp Sari Foods Spirulina Powder
· ½ cup of coconut water
· ½ passion fruit
· 1 large strawberry to garnish (optional)
For each layer/color
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer the smoothie into a container or bowl, rinse the blender and repeat steps 1 & 2 until each layer is blended.
3. Carefully layer each color smoothie in glasses or jars and top with passionfruit and a strawberry (or your own favorite toppings).
There we have it – the ultimate rainbow smoothie (like sunshine in a jar). Enjoy!