Mint Chocolate Chip Spirulina Ice Cream
Ice cream may be the quintessential summertime treat, but this frozen mint chocolate chip ice concoction is so dreamy, you may find yourself reaching for a bowl on even the most bitter winter nights.
This scrumptious vegan ice cream takes some time to prepare, but it’s well worth the wait! Made with wholesome ingredients like cashews, cacao, fresh mint leaves, and coconut milk, it’s soothing, cooling, chocolatey-sweet—and chock full of green spirulina goodness. Spirulina is a nutritional powerhouse that’s 65% protein by weight and contains 110% of the RDA of folate, 250% of vitamin B12, and 30% of iron. So grab a spoon and dig in! Now you can enjoy an ice cream that’s every bit as good for you as the meal that preceded it—any time of the year!
For the ultimate sweet tooth satisfaction, serve this ice cream in a waffle cone with Sari Foods Blackcurrant and Acerola Cherry Compote.
- 4 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp Sari Foods Spirulina Powder
- Process all ingredients (except spirulina and cacao nibs) in a blender until smooth.
- Add the spirulina gradually in tiny amounts, blending well between each add in, until mixture is an even color.
- Pour mixture into a temperature-safe dish and place in the freezer for at least three to four hours, whisking every 30 minutes until the texture is frosty and creamy. Alternatively, put the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the machine’s instructions.
- Allow the mixture to thaw for 20 minutes before serving. Stir through the cacao nibs.
Peace, love, and memories of long summer days from the Sari Foods family.