Matcha and Banana Pancakes
Add a splash of colorful goodness to your breakfast by whipping up a batch of fluffy and flavorful matcha and banana pancakes. Not only are these pancakes easy to make, vegan, and gluten-free—they’re also loaded with superfood nutrition! Fragrant matcha powder supplies L-theanine along with a host of powerful antioxidants, while bananas contribute potassium and prebiotic fiber. To round out the nutrient mix, tiny chia seeds are packed with protein, fiber, calcium, magnesium, and omega 3s to keep you going strong till lunchtime.
Warm, satisfying, and ready in just minutes, this recipe is a delicious and wholesome alternative to supermarket box mixes that may be full of unhealthy synthetic ingredients or additives. Enjoy our homemade pancakes with or without agave syrup, depending on your sweetness preferences—or for a richer taste experience, layer the pancakes with creamy vegan vanilla yogurt.
Whichever way you serve them, we recommend thinly sliced banana and extra coconut chips on top for an added bit of yum!
- 1 Tbsp Sari Foods Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1½ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana + extra for serving
- Coconut chips, optional
- A dollop of coconut oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the matcha powder, flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together—chia seeds, agave syrup, a dash of vanilla extract, almond milk, and banana.
- Heat a large pan over medium-low heat. Add a dollop of coconut oil into the pan, allow to melt, and then pour in the batter. Our pancakes were about 4 inches in diameter. Cook until you see the edges of the pancakes start to puff up, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with thinly sliced bananas on top. Optional: Add a drizzle of agave syrup to taste and don’t forget the coconut chips!
Whether it’s a lazy Saturday with the family or a busy weekday morning, these matcha and banana pancakes will give you all the nutrients you need for an energized and wholesome start to the day!