Wow your sweetheart this Valentine's Day with these luxurious homemade chocolates, they are sure to have you falling in heavenly chocolate love!
This is a very special recipe. Not only do these little treats look shop-bought, they also benefit from the incredible nutrient profile of gelatinized maca.
Prized throughout the Incan empire for its ability to increase strength and endurance, this ancient superfood is considered an "adaptogen", which refers to certain herbs, plants, and natural substances that help the body naturally adapt to stress.
And because our maca is gelatinized, a process that involves removing the starch of the maca, this results in a more concentrated maca form that is also more easy to digest and process in the body.
Coupled with the raw cacao, we dare you to try these bite size, dairy-free treats and not love all their creamy, velvety deliciousness!
You will need:
- Your favorite chocolate mould (or see method for alternative)
- 50g raw cacao butter
- 3 tbsps coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp Sari Foods Gelatinized Maca Powder (plus a little extra for dusting)
- 3 tbsps raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g white vegan chocolate (optional)
- Himalayan sea salt to dust (optional)
- Melt the raw cacao butter and add the coconut sugar and vanilla extract to the melted mixture. Melt the white chocolate separately if using.
- Mix in the cacao and maca powders until well combined.
- Spoon into a chocolate mould. If you don't have a mould you can use a tray lined with baking parchment. Simply pour the mixture into small rounds onto the paper and allow to set in the fridge. We added a few raspberries to a few of the moulds for a fruity center.
- If using white chocolate, you may want to fill some of the moulds with half of the cacao and half of the white chocolate mixture for a mix-and-match chocolate assortment.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 1 hour and finish with a dusting of maca and himalayan sea salt to your required taste.