Homemade Vegan Chocolates
Looking for a truly romantic Valentine's Day treat? These luxurious homemade chocolates are sure to have you falling in heavenly chocolate love!
This is a very special recipe. Not only do these little treats look store-bought, they also contain all the nutritional goodness of gelatinized maca.
Prized throughout the Incan empire, maca is becoming a popular choice with health enthusiasts. And because our maca is gelatinized—a process that involves removing the starch—the result is a more concentrated maca form that’s easy for your body to digest and process.
Made with natural raw cacao and a touch of Himalayan salt, these scrumptious maca chocolates are absolutely irresistible. We dare you to try these bite size, dairy-free treats and not love all their creamy, velvety deliciousness!
- Your favorite chocolate mold (or see method for alternative)
- ¼ cup raw cacao butter
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sari Foods Gelatinized Maca Powder (plus a little extra for dusting)
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz white vegan chocolate (optional)
- Himalayan sea salt to dust (optional)
- Melt the raw cacao butter, and then add the coconut sugar and vanilla extract to the melted mixture. Melt the white chocolate separately, if using.
- Mix in the cacao and maca powders until well combined.
- Spoon into a chocolate mold. If you don't have a mold, you can use a tray lined with baking parchment. Simply pour the mixture into small rounds onto the paper and allow to set in the fridge. We added a few raspberries to a few of the molds for a fruity center.
- If using white chocolate, you may want to fill some of the molds with half of the cacao and half of the white chocolate mixture for a mix-and-match chocolate assortment.
- Allow to set in the fridge for one hour and finish with a dusting of maca and Himalayan sea salt to taste.
Peace and luxurious chocolate love from the Sari Foods family.