Hummus is one of those go-to favorites that plays equally well in sandwiches, wraps, or as a hearty dip surrounded by fresh veggies. But for Valentine’s Day, you’re probably looking to celebrate your love with something sweet, creamy—and delicately pink. So how could hummus possibly fit the bill?
Get ready to rethink hummus with this luscious and naturally pink treat! It’s packed with powerful plant protein, uses only wholesome sweeteners, and gets its pretty blush from the goodness of our organic beet powder. It only takes minutes to whip up this easy recipe, and it tastes so yummy that even your kids will be asking for hummus after dinner—not only for a special Valentine’s Day dessert, but throughout the entire year!
- 1½ cups cooked garbanzo beans (or 1 can cooked garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Beet Powder
- 2 Tbsp palm or coconut sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1-2 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- Optional: Pinch of salt, sprinkles for serving
In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except milk. Puree until the mixture is smooth, about 30-60 seconds.
- Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time to create desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste. Adorn with sprinkles (if desired) and serve with your favorite fruit slices or pretzels for dipping.