This super simple salsa is a real treat for the tastebuds with its sweet and spicy flavors, and the vibrant colors of the fresh ingredients are a great way to jazz up any plate of food.
We love this mango salsa with chips but it also tastes delicious tossed over fresh salads, on tacos, in wraps and it would pair particularly well with all your favorite Mexican-themed dishes.
Dress to impress!!
We've added a spicy kick of flavor to this dish with a healthy, homemade dressing. Trust us, you will be pouring it over your summer salads and raw veggies in no time!
You will need:
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 handfuls cilantro
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sari Foods Organic Wheatgrass Powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
For the salsa
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, leave finely chopped
- First prepare the dressing by adding all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined. The consistency should be slightly runny so it can be easily drizzled over the salsa. Add a little more water if you need to. Pour into a jar and set aside in the fridge to cool.
- In a serving bowl, add the prepared pepper, onion, mango and cilantro and stir until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Drizzle over the prepared cilantro dressing and for optimal flavor, allow the salsa to rest in the dressing for 20 minutes before serving.
The salsa can be stored in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days (if there is any left to store!).