Did you know that our gelatinized maca is a great addition to homemade hummus? Give it a try and you’ll be amazed at the way maca’s subtly sweet, nutty flavor enhances traditional hummus recipes.
If you eat hummus often then you’ll love this really easy and healthy variation. And you don't have to only use this hummus as a dip for your favorite vegetables. Pair it with chips, bread, or crackers—or try it as a savory sandwich spread with fresh greens, tomatoes, olives, and avocado slices. You can even mix this hummus into whole grain rice as a tasty alternative to butter or other traditional condiments.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 Tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Sari Foods Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder
- ½ tsp Sari Foods Organic Turmeric Powder (to garnish)
- 1 Tbsp roasted pine nuts
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, adjusting for desired consistency if you prefer a chunkier hummus.
- Taste and add a little more garlic, lemon, or salt until the flavor is just right for you.
- To serve, add your favorite toppings. We added a few chickpeas, chopped parsley, and a dusting of our turmeric powder for a subtly spiced dip. Yum!
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Peace, love, and healthful dipping from the Sari Foods family.