Creamy Magic Maca Breakfast Bowl
Jumpstart your day with this outrageously creamy breakfast bowl, which includes the goodness of maca and a serving of cauliflower.
If the thought of vegetables for breakfast sounds odd, think again! Adding cauliflower to your smoothies creates a lovely creamy consistency without adding lots of added sugars. This makes cauliflower an ideal smoothie ingredient for anyone watching their carb, sugar, or caloric intake.
Cauliflower also contains an impressive array of nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants—and because of its subtle flavor, you can add it to any smoothie recipe you like!
Our delicious recipe serves two, and combines cauliflower, maca, and spirulina for a magical breakfast bowl that delivers on flavor and nutrition!
- ½ cup cauliflower, frozen
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1½ cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp nut butter (we used almond)
- 1 heaping Tbsp Sari Foods Gelatinized Maca Powder
- Toppings of your choice, optional. (We used granola, desiccated coconut, and Sari Foods Organic Spirulina Powder for a vibrant green swirl effect and a burst of extra nutrition.)
Process all the ingredients in a high speed blender for 1 minute, or until smooth and well combined. Pour into your favorite smoothie bowl and add toppings. If using spirulina, dust over half a teaspoon (or more if you'd like) and gently stir to create a swirl effect.
Peace, love, and veggie breakfast bowls from the Sari Foods family.