Cashew Lime Wheatgrass Bites
Enjoy a burst of nutritious green-filled goodness with these no-bake, cashew lime wheatgrass bites. Packed with organic wheatgrass awesomeness, these little bites are also refined sugar, gluten, and dairy free—plus they’re delicious enough to calm the most serious case of the munchies!
Our wheatgrass powder is a very versatile food, which means if you’d rather savor its distinctive flavor in a fun snack than knock back a quick shot of green juice, you’re in for a very unique and yummy experience. The fresh, earthy taste of wheatgrass pairs beautifully with cashews, while coconut and lime provide a tart sweetness. The result is a healthy but tantalizing snack that will keep you coming back for more. Happy snacking!
- 1 cup cashew nuts, plus a little extra for topping
- ½ cup dates
- 1 heaping Tbsp Sari Foods Organic Wheatgrass Powder
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, plus a little extra for topping
- 1½ Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Soak dates in warm water for approximately 10 minutes while you prepare all other ingredients.
- Place 1 cup of cashews, lime juice, ¼ cup coconut flakes, wheatgrass, and coconut oil in a high-speed blender. Add the dates last, and reserve the date water. Process until well combined.
- Add a Tbsp of date water and blend again until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Add coconut flour and blend to a dough-like consistency. You can add a little more date water and/or flour if necessary to reach the proper texture.
- Roll the mixture into evenly sized balls and place in a container lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate at least one hour to set.
- Chop the remaining coconut flakes and cashew nuts, and roll each ball in the chopped mixture. You can either coat one half like we have or you can completely cover the outside of each ball—you choose!
Peace, love, and healthful snacking from the Sari Foods family.