Carob Spirulina Power Snack Bars
Good snack bars that are also good for you are so hard to find. More often than not, the truly yummy ones contain all kinds of “hidden” unhealthy ingredients, which means you end up consuming a whole bunch of nasty stuff you'd rather avoid.
Enter our carob spirulina power bars. This healthy and delicious recipe combines the chocolatey taste of carob with sweet, tangy apricots, crunchy seeds, crispy rice cereal, and creamy almond butter for a satisfying, nutritious snack that travels easily wherever life takes you. And that’s not all—our Sari Foods Organic Spirulina adds an additional burst of plant-based nutrients, making these bars one super powerful snack!
This recipe makes 12 bars so you’ll have plenty to share with friends and family. Happy snacking!
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- 2 Tbsp Sari Foods Organic Spirulina Powder
- 1 cup carob powder
- Pinch pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup whole raw flax seeds
- 1 cup whole raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup whole raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cups crispy brown rice cereal or crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 cup unsweetened almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the dried apricots in a large food processor and pulse to create a paste. Remove paste from food processor, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together spirulina powder, carob powder, sea salt, oats, seeds, and rice cereal.
- Melt the honey, almond butter, and reserved apricot paste in a pan over low heat, and mix well for 2 to 3 minutes to make sure the mixture is smooth and free of any lumps.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly. Gently fold in the seed mix making sure to incorporate but not crush all ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into parchment lined baking pan, gently pressing down to flatten.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Peace, love, and nutritious snacking from the Sari Foods family!