Looking for a healthy way to kick off the new year? Try our yummy camu camu and matcha smoothie! With prebiotic fiber from sweet, creamy bananas and a burst of green goodness from our organic matcha powder, each nourishing sip is sure to bring a smile.
But we haven’t even introduced this smoothie’s star ingredient: our organic camu camu powder! Camu camu is an Amazonian berry that tastes a lot like tart cherries, and is harvested from the vast rainforests of Peru. It’s only about the size of a small grape, but don’t let that fool you—it packs a real superfood punch! Providing 50 times more vitamin C than an orange, this rosy little fruit also delivers a powerful blend of beneficial phytochemicals, including ellagic acid and anthocyanins.
As delicious as it is versatile, this smoothie works equally well as a satisfying breakfast, a refreshing snack, or a superfood dessert! No matter when you enjoy it, it’s one of the easiest ways to honor your resolution for healthier eating and loving self-care.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp Sari Foods Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sari Foods Camu Camu Powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Optional: Juice of ½ lime
- Place the frozen and ripe bananas in a blender.
- Add the matcha powder, coconut milk, and camu camu powder.
- Blend until you reach the desired smoothie texture.
- Next, do a taste test and if you feel it needs a citrus burst, squeeze half a lime into the mixture and give a quick blend again.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into a cup (or bowl with some toppings) and enjoy!