Who doesn’t love cake right? This delicious Acai and White Chocolate Blueberry Loaf Cake is perfect for any occasion and by adding a generous serving of Sari Foods Organic Acai Powder, you can nourish your body and satisfy your sweet tooth. We call that a win, win!
Prep time 30 mins
Total time 2 hrs, plus cooling
- 2 heaping tbsp Sari Foods Organic Acai Powder
- 100g organic white chocolate, chopped
- 100g coconut oil
- 150g organic coconut sugar
- 2 flaxseed eggs, beaten
- 200g organic whole spelt flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150ml coconut yoghurt
- 225g blueberries
- Fresh mint sprigs, to decorate (optional)
For the coconut cream frosting:
- 180g coconut cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp raw agave
Step by step method:
- Put the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water until melted, then set aside to cool. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Grease and line a 900g loaf tin (measuring 8.5 x 18.5cm x 7cm deep).
- In a mixing bowl, beat the coconut oil and coconut sugar until fluffy. Add the flax eggs, a little at a time. Add the vanilla extract and the cooled white chocolate.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt together and stir half of this into the cake mixture with half of the coconut yogurt. Beat until smooth and add the remaining flour mixture and coconut yogurt and mix again. Add the Acai powder and fold into the batter until well mixed.
- Spoon the cake batter into the prepared tin, add in 100g blueberries as you go; level the top. Bake for 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool entirely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the cake topping. Put 50g blueberries in a small pan with 1 teaspoon water. Cover and cook gently for 3-4 minutes or until soft and starting to burst. Press through a sieve over a bowl to make a purée, then leave to cool (discard the blueberry skins). Set aside until needed.
- For the frosting, combine the coconut cream, vanilla extract and agave syrup and chill. When ready to serve, spread the frosting over the cooled cake, drizzle with the blueberry purée then scatter on the remaining blueberries and mint sprigs on top.