Acai, Blueberry & White Chocolate Loaf Cake
What could make your favorite dinner menu even better? A sweet, chocolatey, fruity cake to finish things off! This delicious acai and white chocolate blueberry loaf cake is festive enough for any occasion, and since it contains our Sari Foods Organic Acai Powder, you can nourish your body while you’re satisfying your sweet tooth. We call that a win-win!
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 2 hrs, plus cooling
For the cake:
- 2 heaping Tbsp Sari Foods Organic Acai Powder
- ½ cup organic white chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 flaxseed eggs, beaten
- 1 ¾ cups organic whole spelt flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 10 Tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Fresh mint sprigs, to decorate (optional)
For the coconut cream frosting:
- Heaping ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp raw agave
- Place white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water until melted, then set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a loaf tin (measuring 8.5 x 18.5cm x 7cm deep).
- In a mixing bowl, beat the coconut oil and coconut sugar until fluffy. Add the flax eggs, a little at a time. Stir in vanilla extract and cooled white chocolate.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt together and stir half of this into the cake mixture with half of the coconut yogurt. Beat until smooth and add the remaining flour mixture and coconut yogurt and mix again. Add the acai powder and fold into the batter until well mixed.
- Spoon the cake batter into prepared tin, adding in ½ cup blueberries as you go, and smooth out the top.
- Bake for about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, and then turn onto a wire rack to cool entirely.
- While cake is cooling, make the cake toppings. Put ¼ cup blueberries in a small pan with 1 teaspoon water. Cover and cook gently for 3-4 minutes or until soft and starting to burst. Press through a sieve over a bowl to make a purée, then leave to cool (discard the blueberry skins). Set aside until needed.
- For the frosting, combine coconut cream, vanilla extract, and agave syrup and chill.
- When ready to serve, spread frosting over cooled cake, drizzle with blueberry purée, then scatter the remaining blueberries and mint sprigs over the top.