5 Ways With Turmeric: The Golden Antioxidant Spice
Long revered for its antioxidant goodness and versatility in the kitchen, turmeric is one of this year’s biggest food trends. Inspired by its gorgeous golden color and our fondness for this healthy, delicious ingredient, we’d like to introduce this lovely exotic spice—and share five of our favorite ways to bring turmeric to your table
A Taste of Sunshine
If cooking makes your heart sing, chances are you’re probably already familiar with turmeric and all the wonderful ways it can enhance your favorite recipes. If you’re brand new to this sunny spice, however, you might be wondering exactly how turmeric tastes.
Known for its aromatic earthy flavor, Sari Foods Organic Turmeric is made from high quality hand selected raw turmeric rhizomes. It has a mellow, ever so slightly pungent taste that compliments many savory dishes—as well as some sweet ones! The way our turmeric is grown and handled produces a fuller, richer taste than many other brands. Grown organically in the bright sunshine of India, it is then hand-picked, sun-dried, and gently ground in its entirety to preserve all of its precious nutrients and full-bodied flavor.
And now, without further adieu, here are five of our all time favorite turmeric recipes!
1. Sweet & Spicy Double Stacked Vegan Sandwich. We think you’re going to love this crispy, satisfying entree, whether or not vegan eating is your thing.
2. Golden Turmeric Tea. Looking for a healthy, earthy tea with no caffeine? This golden, subtly flavored tea uses warming fragrant spices to create a soothing and comforting experience.
3. Roasted Chickpeas With Turmeric. One of the best healthy snacks just got even better. Our turmeric powder gives your roasted garbanzo beans an exciting new flavor twist.
4. Watermelon Orange Ginger Turmeric Juice. Homemade juice delivers a refreshing, natural boost throughout the day without the crash that typically occurs after consuming caffeine.
5. Turmeric Pina Colada Smoothie. Switch things up and go golden with this tasty tropical smoothie! Our recipe is super easy and offers a sweet alternative to the savory dishes usually associated with superfood turmeric.
Planning to try any of these recipes? Tell us about it on Instagram or Facebook, and don't forget to tag us in your creations using #sarifoods.
Peace, love, and golden, powerful spice from the Sari Foods family.