Well known for its health benefits and versatility in the kitchen, turmeric is one of this years biggest food trends. And who are we to argue?! Inspired by its gorgeous bright gold color (which makes for beautiful looking plates) as well as our particular fondness for this nutrient-packed ingredient, we bring you 5 ways with turmeric - our top tips and our tastiest recipes!
How does it taste?
If you’re handy around the kitchen and enjoy cooking, chances are you’re probably already familiar with turmeric. BUT, if it’s your first time cooking with a turmeric powder, you should know what to expect from the taste...
Known for its aromatic earthy flavor, Sari Foods Organic Turmeric is raw and is made from high quality hand selected turmeric rhizomes. It has a particularly mellow savory flavor and can be used in many savory dishes (some sweet too!). Furthermore, the growing and handling of our turmeric make for a more potent, far superior taste! Farmed in India, grown organically outdoors in bright sunshine, it is then hand-picked, sun-dried and gently ground in its entirety to preserve all of the precious nutrients for perfect goodness.
Seriously health promoting properties!
Used in India for centuries, turmeric is now widely recognized for its nutritional content and healing properties. Organic turmeric has many active benefits, let’s look at a few:
- Turmeric is popular for its ability to support the cardiovascular system which can improve circulation, coagulant and platelet ability as well as boost healthy cholesterol levels.
- Organic turmeric works wonders in the body to promote optimal joint function and relieve an over sensitive immune response. Tip! Nourish your physical health naturally by supporting improved movement and flexibility with this golden superfood.
- Containing antioxidant activity, this ancient miracle food also provides protection from cell-damaging molecules absorbed by the body through pollution, poor diet, injury, or stress.
- The compound aromatic turmerone, or ar-turmerone present in organic turmeric has been shown to promote brain health, cell regeneration and memory function.
Furthermore, turmeric is used topically by certain cultures in the belief that it will help promote skin health and it is even used on the skin before weddings or other celebrations to give a healthy glow.
And so, whether you are using turmeric for its many health benefits or simply because you enjoy the earthy, spicy flavors - there are plenty of reasons to include this powerful spice in your diet.
Here are some of our favorite ways to get your daily dose of turmeric.
1.Sweet & Spicy Double Stacked Vegan Sandwich. Our latest turmeric recipe will have you falling in love with this vegan food trend.
2. Golden Turmeric Tea. Looking for an earthy tea with health promoting benefits? Look no further... this golden, subtly spiced tea is soothing and comforting with its array of warming spices.
3. Roasted Chickpeas with Turmeric. One of the best healthy snacks just got even better. Use our turmeric powder to give your roasted garbanzo beans an interesting flavor twist.
4. Watermelon Orange Ginger Turmeric Juice. Homemade juice presents an opportunity for adding in nutrients (and why not), providing a refreshing, natural boost throughout the day without the crash that typically occurs a few hours after consuming caffeine.
5. Turmeric Pina Colada Smoothie. Switch things up and go golden with this tasty, tropical smoothie! This recipe is super easy and offers a sweet option to the savory dishes that you'd typically associate with this superfood.
Planning to recreate one OR all of these recipes? Come and tell us about it on Instagram or Facebook, and don't forget to tag us in your creations using the #sarifoods so we can take a look.
Peace, love and golden, powerful spice from the Sari Foods family.